Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11 I will NEVER forget

9 11 heroes
Today, like every 9/11 for the past 12 years, I spend most of the day in silence, angry, sad, tearing up and reliving the fear I felt on this tragic day.
I was in a parking lot going over my resume, as I was just about to be interviewed for an administrative position with an airline company. I was listening to Y-100 when I learned of the first crash; it was 8:46 am . My immediate thought was, "OMG what a terrible accident". My head was filled with fear and sadness. I kept putting myself in the shoes of all those passengers and what they were feeling, knowing they were heading for what was possibly the end for them.
I walked into the office where I was to be interviewed, a little distracted, I did my best to concentrate on what laid ahead.
As soon as I returned to my car , I turned the radio on again. Expecting to hear "It’s all been an accident, a few hurt but everyone survived" I hear that there was a second crash. At this point, I think "this is def not an accident". Something was very wrong and I was very afraid...afraid of what was coming next. I immediately called my family to make sure they were ok and to ask if they knew what was going on. Everyone was at work and I didn’t want to be alone, so I drove to my best friend’s house. She had been watching the news all morning and went on to give me details of the attacks.
 
Our world was at war and I had so many questions and thoughts. Are there any survivors? There is a daycare in one of the buildings! and the biggest question, WHY?.
America the free had been invaded, attacked, and a lot of innocent people had just lost their lives. How cruel, how selfish and what dark hearts do these attackers have. No value for their own lives. No respect for the gift of life and willing to give it all up for WHAT?
Needless to say, and I know I am not alone when I say this, I was really scared. The months following the attacks were stressful for me. The sight of an airplane put me into a panic. I refused to fly or visit any tall buildings. However, there was something very beautiful developing, UNITY. It was beautiful to see everyone pitch in to do whatever they could to help.
 
America started to rebuild.
 
 Land of the brave. Firefighters, Police Officers, Emergency Medical Teams, and People. We are the land of Hope, Love, Opportunity and NO ONE was going to bring us down. Yes the pain remained  but together we stood.
So, here I am 12 years later hugging my son a little tighter, telling my family that I love them a few more times and thanking whoever it is that’s upstairs and the Universe for always keeping me and my family safe.
We don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but we are blessed to have today, so make it count. Release the negative, don't sweat the petty stuff and give love.
Grow into love no matter where life has taken you and always be kinder than necessary. Someone next to you is probably fighting their hardest battle and your smile is probably all it takes to give them one too.
 
Sending you all an endless amount of Love and Light,
Jess
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment