Thursday, October 24, 2013

Have a Flappin Happy Halloween

 
Happy it’s almost Friday day!!
This coming weekend I’ll be putting my Halloween costume together for this year’s Halloween Trick-or-Treat-a-Thon with the hubs and munchkin.
(Call of Duty Special ops man and Spider Man)
I bought this costume last year for a friend’s party and unfortunately, wasn't able to attend.
It is super comfortable and makes me want to shake all over the place.
 
Oh and… it was only $20.00 at Wal-Mart
I’ve always been a huge fan of the roaring 20’s, which explains my love for The Great Gatsby. Not saying that, that is exactly how it was, but I can totally close my eyes and picture myself at one of Gatsby’s shin-dings.
Let me dream a la Baz Luhrmann people!
All the fun and beautiful clothing, the gangstas, the speakeasy party’s and the amazing sounds of Jazz.
This was an era of letting go of those uptight values and having a darn good time. During these years, a “new” woman was born. Tired of the male dominance (girls rule!), the flapper arose. Seems the flapper term came from the description of a bird flapping its wings and learning to fly, however, a flap was also used to describe a young prostitute. The “new breed” of young women was fearless, confident, drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes, danced and wore lots of makeup; behaviors that were deemed inappropriate for women in those times. Pfffft.
This new woman took risks and lived fast.

Needless to say, I'm excited to wear my red flapper dress and wear loads of makeup.

What will you be dressing up as for Halloween?

 Flapper Attitude

 

1 comment:

  1. love this costume! And love the comment about ING, it gave me chills thinking about crossing that finish line on two feet! :)

    ReplyDelete